About Our School
St Andrew’s Church of England Primary school was founded in 1847, and is a Church Aided primary school. This means we have our own admission policy and have close links with the Church. The original school was located within the centre of the village and had two classrooms. It has now become a private residence occupied by past pupils of the school. The original school bell was removed from the school and now resides at the school’s new location.
The school moved to its present site in 1970 and now has 4 classrooms, a practical room, library, Kiln room, changing rooms, sports hall and ICT suite. The school recently had a refurbishment and classroom extension programme during the winter of 2009, increasing some teaching areas, building a practical room and a resources room. Much of the necessary funding was kindly provided by the Parents’ Association (SASSA). The school benefits from superb surroundings, with a large sports field, environmental area, adventure playground and tarmac play area.
There are currently 94 pupils on roll who are organised into 4 classrooms in addition to the pre-school unit; a Foundation class for Foundation Stage , a year 1 / 2 class (Alpha 1/2), a year 3 / 4 class (Beta) and Omega class which is for years 5 / 6. Each classroom is equipped with a multimedia whiteboard and projector and we have the added advantage of a high ratio of computers used for teaching ICT skills and cross-curricular activities; this has also enabled year 6 to take their entry level NVQ in Technology.