St. Andrew's Primary School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. The aim of the policy is to safeguard and promote our pupils’ welfare, safety and health by fostering an honest, open, caring and supportive climate. The pupils’ welfare is of paramount importance. Our safeguarding policy is below.
We make sure all our pupils at St Andrew’s are safe by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers are DBS checked
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Our Safeguarding Leads in school are;
Mrs. Heather White – Executive Headteacher
Mr Alan Eathorne - Executive Headteacher
Mrs. Claire Rodi – Head of School
Mrs. Cathy Hebborn - Teacher