In recent years, the Government has given additional funding to schools for physical education (PE) and sport. There are clear guidelines about how this money is to be used in schools. The Government expects schools “to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (below) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.”
Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Sports Premium at St. Andrew's
To see how Sports Premium funding has been spent at St. Andrew's please see the documents below.